Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Memories and Banjos or The Sounds of Christmas Pt. 2 & 3

Goodness, its been a while. Welcome back if you've persevered since the last blog.

Carpenters: A Christmas Collection

I chose this album as one of my top three simply because of nostalgia. I remember rolling down an icy Highway 83 listening to the lady my mom said my dad had a crush on, but he said he didn't sing Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas a multitude of times. A classic Christmas album.


Sufjan Stevens: Songs for Christmas

If you purchase this record you simple must forgo iTunes and buy the hard copy. Besides the melodious flutes, banjos, and bells that characterize Sufjan's music, it comes in a box set that includes a sing a long book, (including chords) some animal stickers, and a cartoon poster for kicks. A quaint mix of hymns and originals. This is a fun one to listen to.

Live Love.