Thursday, September 4, 2008

Donald Miller at the Democratic National Convention

When I was a senior in college I picked up a little book by a guy Donald Miller that changed my life forever. I had been through a very dark period in my relationship with God; struggling with the problem of good and evil and a church that seemed to care very little about things that really matter. The book was called Blue Like Jazz. It was humorous and also poignant, verbalizing so many things I never knew I wanted to say. So the other night it turns out that Miller prayer at the Democratic National Convention. He did an excellent job, asking God for direction in dealing with injustice, for the widow and orphan. And...he prayed it all in the name of Jesus. Pretty cool. I stole the video from Stevey B's blog, which you should read if you get a chance.



Live Love,