Monday, April 28, 2008

Once, Twice, Thrice!!

I have officially been to my first concert in the ATX. This past Wednesday I had the opportunity to see Thrice play at Stubbs.
Now I'm not much of Thrice fan but goodness, there is just something about a rock show that I can't deny.

People from all sorts of different backgrounds.

The energy coming off the stage and happily reciprocated by the crowd.

The thump of the bass pedal on my chest.

Even the many smells. There's nothing like it.

So again, Thrice is not my favorite band, but I had heard that they were Christian guys (but not a Christian band) and my buddy wanted to go. I admit I was extremely curious. Needless to say I was immensely impressed when about halfway through the show Thrice pulled back and played this song to a couple thousand people from all kinds of backgrounds with all kinds of creeds.
Here it is.

"Come all you weary with your heavy loads
Lay down your burdens find rest for your souls
Cause my yoke is easy and my burden is kind
I’ll take yours upon me and you can take mine

Come all you weary move through the earth
Surrounded by rest stones and kicked out of church
A couple of loaves sit down at my feet
Lend me your ears and break bread with me

Come all you weary
Come gather round near me
Find rest for your souls
(By the rest stones)

Come all you weary, crippled you lay
I’ll help you along you can lay down your canes
We’ve got a long way to go but we’ll travel as friends
The lights growing bright further on towards the end."

A beautiful song. In a beautiful place. To some of God's most beautiful people.